From:
Curtis Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:21:11 -0700
Thought I'd post out of anon.  this time.  I don't think anybody here will
come after me.

Abby had her surgery yesterday (Mon.) There were more problems than we
thought.  She did have 2 tumors on her pancreas removed but, also had an
adrenal gland removed.  I suspected that, but she only had a little thinning
of hair on her tail.  She had a spot removed from her liver for a biopsy and
also has an enlarged spleen.  I hope to get the biopsy report today or
tomorrow.  We went back to the vet this morning so they could check her,
give me antibiotics and give her a pain shot.  My poor baby, I hope she can
sleep for a while and get better.  I'm still feeding her the kitten milk
formula.  She will eat about 20 cc's of that every 2-3 hrs.  Is there any
other liquid that she might eat that has a lot of protein and fat?  I'm not
sure this one has enough.  The vet didn't make any suggestions and even had
the can so they could see the contents.  It is so heartwarming to see Ginny
cuddle up next to Abby.  She seems to really understand that Abby doesn't
feel well.

If anyone has had this experience or has any suggestions, please e-mail me.
I'd love to speak with other ferret owners.  I don't know any here in this
ferret-illegal city.

Thanks for your help and support,
Nancy, Abby :(  Ginny :)