Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:15:56 -0800
So, not only did Eppy not phone home, he decided to buy a new coat
while traveling.  This got me to thinking about my own ferts.  IF the
unthinkable were to happen, and I needed to identify one after a couple of
months, could I??  The boys are both *ordinary* sable, darn near identical
except one is a little pudgier than his brother, the other has just a
slight bit more brown between the eyes.  If that should change, as it
apparently can and quite dramatically in 2 months, would I still KNOW
them.  Would they know ME and display this beyond any doubt.  My heart
would like to think so, but...... Parris is a wee thing, white with dark
eyes and black tips on her fur, pink nose and feet.  Quite remarkable,
or so I thought till I saw another that looks very much like her.  So,
searched for something that could serve as definite *this IS my ferret*.
Jotted down the size and location of ear dots, Parris has none.  The Kidd
has one toe that is marked differently, noted that.  Folks, this isn't
much to go on IF one of my kids decided to go shopping for a new coat.
So...... I'm looking into micro chipping all 3.

In Touch, Ardith

mailto:[log in to unmask]