From:
Nemecheks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 06:39:01 -0500
I recently went to a pet store with my sister who is looking to buy a
ferret.  We held one that was an albino male.  The only thing was, he was
so calm and relaxed we wondered if he was sick.  All ferrets I have ever
seen run and play.  This one didn't.  he just laid around.  And when we
held him and petted him, he just laid they calm and almost sleeping.
The lady in the pet store said that he's just a really heavy sleeper and
all he really does is sleep.  Is that normal?  I don't know much about
sickness in ferrets so I'm not sure if it's normal or not.  I have heard
something about the anus being swollen, so I checked his little butt, and
it looked ok.  He ears were clean, and his body didn't have any unusual
bumps on it.  He was a Marshall Farms ferret, marked with blue tattoos in
his ear.  Can you tell me if it is normal or possible for a ferret to just
sleep constantly and not be active.  I have never seen a ferret not want
to play.  They said the he was about 10 weeks of age.

Thanks!
Jessica