From:
Laura Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:06:10 -0400
Hi all,

I'm searching the archives on info about this also but I'm worried and
looking for some help.  My baby Zen has had a "scab" on her side for a
while, but I just assumed it was a boo-boo when the girls were playing that
wasn't healing.  She was at the vet a while back and I had her check it out.
She said it was probably nothing but if it doesn't go away, to take her back
and they'll look at it again.  Well, needless to say, I took her back since
it hasn't gone away.  She (the vet) said it was a tumor and had to be
surgically removed.  She's (Zen) scheduled for the surgery for next monday
(7/6) and they'll send it away to the lab.  The vet said it was most
probably benign.  (that's the one where it means nothing, right???) Well,
whichever it is, she said it was probably fine.  Thanks to the FML, I was at
least able to ask what they would be using to put her under.  She told me
aketamine (sp?).  I asked why not isoflourine (sp?) and she said she only
uses the latter for major surgeries - that it would put her "too" under.  Is
this right??  I'm not very confident in this vet but from what I've heard,
they're the best in the area.  But she didn't even know what ECE was!!!
This is my first ferret illness/surgery or anything, so I'm fretting and
seeking advice from those who know FAR more and who I do trust.  Thanks in
advance for any help.  Btw, any necessary info.  on Zen - she's about 3 1/2,
very light MF (i think) sable (i think).  she's marked like a sable but
very, very light.  Wasn't sure if there was any other category that she'd
fit in.  She's never been sick before, at all.  A cold once that lasted for
about 2 days.  She's been very healthy, and very happy.  Besides the scab,
she seems perfectly fine - eating, playing, drinking, causing havoc all
over!  she's my first and is THE sweetest thing alive!!  Plays with babies
and will not bite, no matter what!  She's very special.  Any advice/info is
greatly appreciated!  Thanks again!!  Sorry this was so long.

Laura (worried mama)
Queen Zen (maaaaaaaaa!! I'm FINE! leave me alone!)
Queen Bu (Where's Zen goin, Ma?? who'll I cuddle with??  She's go NO where
without ME!)