Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:11:43 -0500
Rhyakitty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>My question is this.  I'm looking to buy a copy of "Biology and Diseases
>of the Ferret" by James Fox, but I can't afford to pay the $55.95 Amazon
>list price.  Would any of you recommend this book, or have a used copy
>you'd be willing to sell, or know where I can get one?

Fox's book is excellent, and I think a must have for every ferret vet.  But
it's not an easy read for the average ferret owner (or me, either).  Once
in a while an older (1988) edition pops up on ebay for around $20.  You
might check with your vet or ferret club and see if they have a copy you
can borrow.  If not, you might share the cost with them.

A better (i.e., more readable and it's *purple*) book, in my opinion, for
the ferret owner is Karen Purcell's _Essentials of Ferrets: A Guide for
Practitioners, 2nd Edition_ (1998).  It appears to be out of print, but I
bought it from bn.com just six months ago.  ISBN: 0941451739

abebooks.com lists the Fox book available (1998 used) for $25.  (It's
*easily* worth that.)
----
The Beach Boyz*
surf on over to http://Beach_boyz.go.cc