From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 1994 15:54:35 -0500
  > My ferret Pauly does the same thing.  I've noticed that he
  > doesn't want to be picked up, I believe he just wants to see

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems to me that the reason one
of ours does this is because he's the biggest mooch in the world.

[Please hit carriage return at the end of lines.  Internet software doesn't
auto-wrap.]

Anytime we're in the kitchen he'll sit up on his hind legs for a minute
at a time.  I'm really surprised that he can sit there, with no support,
just like a dog begging.

If the above doesn't work, he rolls on to his back, occasionally looking
up to see if we've noticed yet.  He's so damn cute that this almost
always results in a raisin or some other treat.  I guess he really has
US trained.  <sigh>

Max, our other ferret, isn't quite so talented.  He just hangs around
our feet but almost never stands up, and if he does, he needs to hang
onto our leg for support.

  mike