From:
Judi Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 09:44:41 -0400
Hi all, and thank all of you who have responded to my treat questions re Fig
Newtons and red licorice.  I found a health food store that sells little
chunks of sugar free/fat free licorice, raspberry, and 3 out of 5 approve.  2
are holdouts for Twizzlers, but health food store lady is ordering me
strawberry ropes, sugar free, that should pacify them and I can nip off tiny
pieces as treats.  On Lyme Disease, I just want to post one warning:  my
daughter suffers from this nightmare and we can only suppose that a tick came
inside on one of the cats.  So even if your fuzzies don't spend much time
outside please be sure to check any animals that come in contact with you or
the babies to be sure they are tick free.  I don't really know if ferrets are
prone to this disease but it is a terrible thing.  Eastern Long Island is, I
believe, #2 in the country (after Connecticut) and all animals are checked
constantly for that reason.  Please be careful.  Judi Lunn