Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:24:57 -0700
>California's Fish and Game are afraid that our domestic fuzzies are
>going to escape and interbreed with black-footed fuzzies, thereby
>ruining the genetics of the black-footed ones.  I agree for a small
>distance -- our fuzzies *are* always trying to escape.  I certainly
>can't dispute that.
>
>If domestic fuzzies are going to escape into the wild and interbreed
>with California's black-footed fuzzies, don't they have to make it *to*
>the wild?

Sorry.  There are ***NO*** Black Footed Ferrets in the wild, in
California.  California Fish and Game's objection's to ferrets, are many,
but the BFF issue is not one of them.  Big fingers can be pointed to the
Audubon Society, The Sierra Club, as well as badly misinformed CF&G
officials (Who won't admit they are wrong), and farmers in the Central
Valley who still think ferrets will destroy their crops.  (Now a very
minor belief) We can also toss in legislators who have heard too many
stories about ferrets ripping noses off or killing, babies, their
penchant for being vicious biters period...all beliefs that are hard
to overcome....There are many more reasons...

I am sure there will be other responses here and perhaps in those, more
accurate and detailed reasons will be given for ferrets being illegal
in California.

MC, The Rude One
With Abraham, Rudy, and Tumbles.  In Spirit: Garret, Bubba, Billy-Bob,
Snorkle, Squeeks, Tuzigoot, Bancho, and Artemus.