From:
Erin Simkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:19:01 -0700
(Sorry for the cross-posts but I would like to get this out to as many
people as possible in hopes of finding someone in the area who can help!)

I received an email from Vanessa in Colorado about a pet store that
has unacceptable living conditions for the ferrets and a staff that is
physically abusive to them.  I am asking for ANYONE who is in the area of
this Colorado store (named in detail below) to make a store visit and try
to talk to the owner/staff.  Unfortunately, I don't think a phone call will
do much to help stop the injustices done to these poor animals.  Many times
these people will just say whatever to get you off the phone.  It maybe the
same result when confronted face to face but better something than nothing!

Is there ANYONE in this area who can help?  PLEASE respond to me at this
[log in to unmask] address if anyone can help out!

See the below notes from Vanessa describing the situation.  (Posted with
her permission.)