From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:11:55 -0400
>>Marshall Farms has lay people off the street perform the surgeries on
>>the ferrets in a kitchen like setting without sterilization techniques
>>necessary to prevent infection or spread of infection.  This was what
>>we learned from one of the veterinarians that worked for Marshall
>>Farms that I wrote of last year.
>
>Lisette, we have been through this before.  You state, "learned from one
>of the veterinarians that worked for Marshall Farms".  Lisette, ***WHO***
>IS this unnamed vet?

Also, does the source really have a message from that vet?  A friend of
mine used to be a vet for them and is not the only one there I have known,
so I have heard good and bad that way from a few folks, BUT I also know
that there is one ferret "source", which sure is not the pinnacle, that
FAKES articles.  Yep, full-out fakes them and puts people's names on them.
They did it me, and when I made it known I then heard from a number of
people, including some vets, to whom they had also done exactly the same
thing.  The offending couple which runs the site even invited me to sue
them, saying that they have no money and that they never carry corrections
or retractions, so I found out that instead of money I had the option of
having them come up here and live from their own means while doing
community service.  They then removed the "article" with false information
that they had illegally signed with my name.  Some "sources" are not what
they claim to be, so take that precaution into account.  If anything, I
have come away knowing that there are things that MF needs improved but
that in that aspect they are no different from any other farm, AND that the
rumors out there are incredibly exaggerated -- badly, badly exaggerated.