Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:23:47 -0700
I just wanted to say that the reason Marshall Farms is being targeted
(aside from the disgusting and obvious reasons), they are the largest farm
and if they are brought into the spotlight over their practices and are
damaged by it, there is a very good chance that the other farms will see
this and make possible changes.  Yes, it is sad when you become the
"example" but that is how it goes.  I would like to say that 80% of the
ferrets that I know of from MF, have become cancerous by the age of 3,
pretty interesting huh?

Recently, I was chatting with someone from New York who has a friend that
worked at MF.  This person has awful things to say about what he witnessed
and she is putting him in touch with me to tell me his story.  He left MF
because he could no longer stand to watch what was going on around him.  I
eagerly await this information.  Of course, MF will deny any wrong-doing.
I am curious to see if there are other former employees who will "speak up"
about the place.

I must say that anybody that would raise the question about what a ferret
would taste like, needs some serious psychological help!  This comment
really scared me because of its source.  Most likely, this person's ferrets
would taste like feces, since that is what they are surrounded by all the
time.  Hopefully, you will all send $ for the toys so that Ed will not have
to resort to eating his ferrets (he,he,he).

Aside from the MF issues, I am trying to help some ferrets that are being
kept in undesirable conditions.  The SPCA is investigating my complaints
as well as the city attorney, over the fact that this person has been
operating without a license for many years.  I urge every one of you to
educate your local SPCA about ferrets.  They are not aware that the care
of a cat or dog is much different than the care required for a ferret.

For those of you who have recently lost your babies, my heart goes out to
you.

DOOKS to you!

Rastaferretin and Cleo "the duchess of DOOK"

P.S.  Go see "The Spy Who Shagged Me" it is much better than the first
Austin Powers movie.  Sorry, I had to through that in. :)