From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:26:46 -0400
A little female ferret was surrended 4 weeks ago by her "family" who
didn't have time for her.  The women had driven around for several hours
trying to get pet stores, animal control and a variety of others to take
this little girl.  When the woman threatened to just let her loose in the
road Stamford AC took her in.  She promptly bit the AC warden.

She was quartined and found to be rabies free (as AC knew she would be)
but continues to bite.

I got a call today saying she really needs to be out of there ASAP.  Lynn
knows she's biting caused she's stressed and God knows what the idiot
owner has put her though, but AC is packed and they need the cage space.
I've left a message with FACT to see if they have some room but I want to
cover all basis.

If this little girl (she's 4 years old) doesn't get placed she will be
PTS.  AC is scared to place her with just anybody since Lynn feels she's
been through quite enough all ready.

This little one needs special work, is there anyone up to the task?  Is
there a shelter that might have room for her?  I will help to get her to
you (what did I just agree to?)

With Maggie's chronic EG I don't feel I can take her in (though goodness
knows, after Maggie aka Vampire I am good with biters)

Please contact me directly if you can help.  AC really doesn't want to
put her down put it's "kitten season" for them and there truly is no room
there right now.

Thank you!
Connie, Butch, Maggie, (no more estrogen in the house!)and CB