Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 10:36:43 +0200
Hi, Kelly.
Probably it is a common thing wich "happens" to many ferret's tails in
the summer season.  The "phenomenon" is called a rat tail and the tiny
black dots are sort of bleackheads.  It usually starts at the tip of
the tail and the tail can go completly bald.  Try cleaning bleackheads,
altough it usualy helps only for a while.  This is not a medical
condition, it is only cosmetical and you can relive yourself.  if those
spots are reddish (and are present elswhere on the skin) and if the
missing patches are present at the base of the tail (and/or elswhere),
it would be at least worth about thinkong adrenal being present.

--
I have a female ferret, Molly she is 1 and 1/2 years old, in the past
3-4 months I have noticed that her tail hair has thinned out and became

m.
www.zverinice.com

--- Think of me long enough to make a memory ---