From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:34:07 -0500
Hello.  I was hoping that people with fuzzies on pred can let me know
their experiences with it.  My 4 1/2 year old ferret was put on pred at
the beginning of August.  She was put on .6 ml of the regular pred (15mg
per 5ml) , but wouldn't take it so we put her on 1.8 ml of the pediapred
(5mg per 5ml).  The dosage has since been lowered because she doesn't
have a tumor as thought, although the condition she has is still a bit
of a mystery.  She has tested as having fat in her blood, lipemia.
She has ballooned out and has a skinny top and bony backbone but HUGE
waterballoon-like belly.  Just wondering if others have had this
experience with pred.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Risa
PS IF anyone has any knowledge about Lipemia please also let me know!!