From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:45:12 -0500
Wow!  I've seldom read such a calalous response to a request that was not
only simple, but also extremely polite and gentle especially considering
the context.  She wouldn't have gotten the same courtesy from me!!

Dee, it's a darn good thing you didn't post this person's e-mail address
'cause I'd be giving her an enormous piece of my mind right now!!

I'd suggest that you send an e-mail to ebay containing the exchanges and
explaining what you were trying to do.  Reinforce the point that is is
EXTREMELY innapropriate for a ferret pelt to wind up on a search that's
used by people looking for stuff for their cherished pets.  In addition,
her description is a lie because they're NOT ferret pelts (but you're
right, they're close enough.  They sure look like ferrets).

If anyone goes to ebay and searches "ferret mink" in the titles and
descriptions, the listing still pops up.  I've emailed the woman my
opinion (because the picture is, indeed, ghastly).  Anyone else could do
this as well.  And if enough ferret-lovers e-mail ebay to complain about
this listing, maybe next time they'll stop it before it even gets listed.
I'm suggesting to ebay in my email that they institute a policy that when
aniumal fur or (shudder) carcasses are being auctioned off, that they only
be allowed to identify them as the specific animal that they are, and not
add other animals just so that it pops up everywhere and anywhere.

I know, I know, ebay is a business and they can't please everybody.  But
if enough ferret-lovers express disgust and/or outrage (I have both),
maybe it'll be prevented next time.  My experience with ebay is that they
are very good at listening and have several times removed auction items
that were inappropriately placed or descripted.

-Heather Wojtowicz, Massachusetts
 Supervised by 6 ferrets