Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:34:48 -0800
Ok, I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer for me.  I'm not a
great supporter of ferrets for laboratory study, but we all know Marshal
Farms and Triple F Farms sells ferrets for this purpose.  My question is
about a ferrety I've never heard of, maybe they don't sell them as pets at
all?  Abaxis.  I sometimes check out some of the research sites, trying to
gain any inch of more knowledge I can get.  One of the research places
gives a list of where to get research animals.  I wasn't surprised to see
Triple F Farms there.  I was to see Abaxis there though.  Not only did I
find it odd that I've never heard of them, but it's WHERE they are located,
that really gets me.  They seem to be located in Sunnydale, CA.  As far as
I know, ferrets are illigal there.  Sooooo, how can they breed ferrets for
laboratory use there?  I'm hoping someone out there can tell me if they've
heard of such a place and if it's legal.  It just doesn't seem so.

Dooks to all,
Kristine, Bear, Syvia, Moby and Sid

Friends Of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
Bend, OR
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057

Help Friends of Fuzzies every time you browse or shop on-line-at no
cost to you.  Just begin by clicking here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=3909&mid=33722