From:
Eric Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 09:13:30 EST
Howdy all on the FML!  I'm afraid I've gotten behind in reading the
postings, but this morning saw the posts about the ferret bite in
Maryland.  I haven't read all the back-up yet, so please forgive if this
ground has already been covered.

We recently went through this in Virginia (it's a looooong story).  We
were able to obtain a "waiver" of sorts from the state and local
authorities, signed by the bite recipient, stating that the bite
recipient would not hold the state responsible for any ensuing illness.
I don't know if the person bitten is willing to do this, but given the
amount of time that has passed it may be an option.

The whole story for my case was printed in the Independent Voice.  If
more info is needed or the Maryland folks need copies of the legal
documents, feel free to e-mail me.

or, on compuserve, 76543.2430

Good luck!  We're all pullin' for ya!

Eric & Jill Sampson, Taz (the fugitive), and Molly