From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 22:10:55 -0400
I'm not sure what the experience of your vet it, but only about 40% of
insulinomas return within 10 months, and if a partial pancreatectomy is
performed, the average disease-free interval is over a year.  I am always
hesitant to leave an obviously affected adrenal in for any reason,
especially when insulinoma surgery may well be curative.

With kindest regards,
Bruce H. Williams, DVM, DACVP

Join the Ferret Health List at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list

[Sukie note: this ferret had both a pancreatic growth and an adrenal
growth, but I thought that the re-occurrence numbers would be of interest
to many.]