Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:39:43 -0400
>P.S.  Wouldn't it be great to put together and publish a collection of
>filksongs?  Maybe we could use it as a fundraiser for shelters.  Of course
>we would have to be careful to use only public domain songs.  If anyone
>knows about the legalities, or is interested, drop me a line, and maybe we
>can get something started.

Actually, this is an idea I had about 2 years ago that was tabled due to
*life*. ;)  I would like to be involved with something like this ... I've
been collecting some over the years, but since the FML is now searchable,
it would be easy to glean what's been posted.

As for public domain songs, aren't parodies a legal use?  Otherwise how
could Weird Al do all his hilarious stuff?

--Barb--