From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:17:57 -0800
She could be tired, or spacing out, and I would get her blood sugar
levels checked. How long ago was it that she was started on prednisone?
What is her body weight, and her current readings? A few of them over
the last few months would be good to know, too, as well as the exact
dosage of prednisone (or is she on Prednisilone?) she is on, and her
weight. If the pred is at a normal dosage for her weight, and not
working as well anymore, you may have to add in another medication,
Diazoxide, which the vet can prescribe if it is warranted.

However, sometimes we just have ferrets who have off days, and even
healthy ferrets can have reasons for just lying there, either they are
bored, tired, cold, hot, etc. I don't believe that insulinoma itself
causes any pain, however, it could cause nausea or general feelings of
fatigue, I think, if meds are not doing their job.

Laryssa