From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:12:24 -0400
Robin wrote:
>if you doubt there is something shady going on with the contest, know
>this.  Both Sara Hamilton and myself were given the same story a month
>a part, Her ferret and my ferret supposedly won different months, but
>both of us thought that our pictures were winners, because they were
>listed as such on the site.  And still to this day still are and have
>not been removed.  Both of us were told a German Shepard had won though
>this dogs picture has yet to be seen.
>
>I started looking a little further.  I went to the message boards on
>the web site.  If you go to the message boards and do a search on
>Photo Contest you will see quite a few posts from people challenging
>the contest.  Some being told the same thing both Sara and I have.
>Coincidence?  I think not.

Have you considered that he might just be trying to get free ownership
of photographs for resale?

Off hand, I can't recall what federal office would be in charge of
contest regulation, but it might be in something like the Consumer
Protection Handbook or similar federal resources which also are free.
A research librarian at your local libraries may be able to find who
should be contacted, and your federal Senators or House member's offices
should also be able to do so.

Put together evidence showing that this is an action which is being
repeated.

Did you sign something giving him rights?  If so, then if the over-
seeing office for contests follows up, then so may the copyright office,
but likely you have lost ownership of the images submitted in such a
situation.

If this is a fake contest then perhaps it would be best to not encourage
anyone to participate.

Sad if so, huh?

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org