Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:02:44 -0700
Short answer: I have both renters and homeowners insurance.  I have NEVER
had anyone tell me that.  I would suggest a different company.

Long answer: The one time I was turned down for a policy was when I
applied for auto insurance and was newly divorced.  The agent told me
the company would deny coverage as *failure to meet criteria.*  I told
her to try anyway, because it is illegal to discriminate based on marital
status.  She did and they turned me down.  I told them, very nicely,
that I wanted to know what criterion I failed to meet and how.  They
covered me.

You have been told that specifically it is because you have ferrets.  Ask
to know WHY.  If you want to continue with this company, ask about an
exception clause.  If they don't do it, I would suggest another company.

renee :)

Ferret Aid 2006
June 23 - 25, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada