From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 01:34:24 EST
I am putting all of the ferret community on notice that we are once again on
disaster alert.  Levees are breaking again and we have 3-4 days of forecast
of EXTREMELY heavy rain and winds.  (4-5" in 24hrs is a conservative
estimate of the expected rain)

This week, I found myself living on an island and without the assistance of
my wonderful neighbor would have been stranded had anything happened.  Seems
like it's time to take a look at things and start thinking of what and how
we can get emergency supplies to those in need again.

I am investigating further to see where Terry and her EARS group are
headquartering and how we can assist.

PLEASE, start hitting up the stores for food, litter, cages, etc donations.
Talk to the neighbors about blankets and other bedding material.  This is
similar to the situation last time in that the weather is cold and the winds
are strong.

I have set up a new e-mail address to handle strictly the EARS stuff......
please contact me at

[log in to unmask] for questions, concerns, and information.  I will be
monitoring that e-mail address primarily during this Emergency.

Marie

PS.... I know many people have changed their e-mail addresses since the
activation of our last disaster response here in CA.  Please, notify them if
you think they may be interested in assisting us.  I will try to co-ordinate
a relief and supply convoy similar to the one we did last time.