From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:08:49 -0400
Hey All,

I am writing in behalf of a little ferret that was turned into our shelter
last nite.  She had been mauled by several dogs the nite before.  Was left
in a box by herself for that nite and all the following day.  She arrived
coverd in urine and poop and pooping blood.  She was in shock, had white
gums and was very swollen about the hip area with multiple bite wounds on
her back, belly, hips and legs.  She is a little blaze female.  Her temp
name for medical records is Sweet Miracle.

She was rushed to the emergency clinic some 3 hours away.  She is on iv,
xrays revealed a double hernia, one of which is over her kidney so we dont
know if the kidney has been damaged.  She is looking at surgey today if a
ferret doctor can be found.  Dr. Hudson is off today so it is a matter of
tracking him down.  I dont think this little one can take any more delays
and make it.

I am writing for help as the emergeny vet alone is costing over $400.  This
does not include what the surgery etc will be.  In the past several months
every ferret we have taken in has required hospital care and in most cases
emergency surgey as well.  Our funds are almost nill.  This little girl
cannot wait on the availabilty of funds.  Any and all help will be deeply
appreciated.  You may help to save a life.

You can call the vets to get mailing address info to help this liitle one.
The numbers are:

Carey Emergeny Clinic
919-462-8989

Northwoods Animal Hospital
919-481-2987

Thank you so much,

Karen and The Scruff You Gang
www.dook-n-dance.org

ps, please feel free to pass this post along to various rescue, animal
groups