Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 07:58:29 +1300
Some time over the evening, my jill passed away.  Over the evening, she had
improved since her return from the vet.  The vet who operated on her said
that what she had was a "one-off" problem, and that nothing could have
prevented it.  Which is a relief for my other girls (I'd hate to have
inadvertently been doing something wrong, which was a worry!!) but which
doesn't help my little girl.

I had Slinky for four years.  She was my only albino, father of six kits
last year, including Bob C's Carbone and Amy Flemming's Neets and Sams
Song.  ALWAYS a good mother, and a goof friend, Slinkys coat would become
softer than silk in the winter and coare as a stiff paintbrush in summer.
An eternal optomist in life, Slinky would always bounce to the door of the
cage looking for "out" or if she was out, she'd bounce around the house
looking for trouble.  Slinky was the first ferret to find out that cat
doors can be opened even when locked, if you're determined enough.  She's
the one that would climb into the middle of the crockery to create a noise.
Slinky is the first female I've ever lost, and I will miss her dearly.

I love you Slinky.

Sam