From:
Wilhelmina Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 06:11:57 EDT
(Apologies for not posting in a timely manner, but dang it, I've been sick
in bed.)

The Greater Chicago Ferret Association's Forty-Two-Weasel Quilt has found
a home at last.  The drawing was held at our 11th annual Greatest Ferret
Show on Earth on October 9th.  The winning ticket was number 200839, and
was held by Heather Galka of Indiana.

Congratulations, Heather!  We hope that you (and husband Chris, brand-new
baby daughter Michaela, five ferrets, two cats, and one guinea pig) enjoy
the quilt for many, many years to come.

Ultimately, the quilt project brought in $2883 for the GCFA shelter
ferrets.  It was with us for a year and a half, and it took a whole lot of
angels to make it happen.  Heartfelt thanks go to, of course, the eighteen
wonderful women who donated quilt blocks; Debbi V. for moral support as
well as co-captain and enforcer duties; Ken V. for the great display rack;
Jim W. and Roger M. for their invaluable web support; Sue C. and Mary Van
Dahm of FAIR, for their amazing generosity; the GCFA members and all of
our ferret friends on the internet, ESPECIALLY the FML, for their
enthusiastic response to the project; Miss Brittany for being a most
excellent sales assistant; and C.H. Kreb, for understanding it all.

Anyone interested in Q2K?  Ah, just the thought of it makes my tail fluff
up...

Willie
Captain O'the Quilt