From:
"sue L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:06:12 EDT
I work in a small community hospital and 2 weeks ago, i took care of a
beautiful dying cancer patient named angela.  I grew attatched to her,
and one morning about 4am, while i was in the room--her sister called
her angie.  The patient suddenly reminded me of a gorgeous 8 y.o. ferret
we got from Lori Sie's Ferret Dream House.  she is adrenal, but has a
beautiful coat and lots of go!!  I told my patient about her namesake.
She asked for a picture og the ferret.  I brought it in the next night,
and the patient loved it!!  I was going to bring Angie in to meet Angie,
but she went home the next day.

Two days later, Angie, the patient was back in the hospital.  I got
it arranged for me to bring Angie ferret in to meet Angie patient.  I
sneaked her up to the patient's room--everyone wanted to see what i had.
I closed the door and put Angie ferret in Angie's lap.  The patient and
family cooed all over her for 30 minutes!!  Angie is truely a ferret
ambassador.  She made me very proud to be her ferret mom.  Angie ferret
soon curled up and fell asleep in Angie's lap.  The patient loved it!!
As arranged, Angie's limo and driver came to pick her up.

I found out today, after being off all weekend, that Angie died the
very next day.  I cried and said some prayers for her and my sweet Angie
ferret.  She has now gone from Princess Angie to Queen Angie in our
hearts.  She is one of those one-in-a -million ferrets.  We love you
Queen Angie.