From:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:33:27 -0400
Hey you guys :)  I think i need to clarify a few things.
1st The Ferret Aid Society *IS* a registered charity (not-for-profit)
and NO i'm not saying unregistered shelters/rescues aren't legitimate.

Many have e-mailed me trying to tell me the difference between shelters
and rescues.  It may be different in the USA but here, a shelter and
rescue is the same thing.  We aren't allowed to have more than 5 pets
under one roof in a residential area (hence me saying we were operating
illegally).  With the commercial zoning, we will be allowed to operate
a legal shelter/rescue as long as we have insurance.

We were approved for "shelter" insurance for the ferrets and the area of
the house they will occupy but denied insurance for the rest of the house
because of the ferrets.  Commercial insurance doesn't cover the house,
just the liability of the ferrets yet house insurance won't cover any of
the house because of the ferrets.  See my dilemma?

What i'm asking for is any shelter/rescue that has insurance where your
insurance company KNOWS and insures your liability of the ferrets to
please contact me.

I'm really not able to discuss the difference between a shelter/rescue
or legitimate vs.  non.  We are all in this for the ferrets and i really
don't care if you are a 'shelter' or 'rescue' you're all doing things for
the fuzzies and to me, that's all that matters in the end.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>