From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:41:41 EDT
Hello All!  New to the board and relatively new to Ferret owning.  Have a
few questions about the little fuzzbutts and any help would be greatly
appreciated.  I have 3 ferrets, all under 6 mos.  I have one that will run
across the whole apt to use the litterbox, one that is in the process of
trying 50/50, and I have another that just goes where he stands UNLESS he
is in the cage.  I have the cage set up so that the only uncovered(have
towels and soft rugs)is the litterbox which I wired to the cage with twist
ties to prevent the little bugger from moving it.  Recently hes taken to
getting up on the furniture and just going there!  My furniture is rented
as my partner and I relocate every 6 to 9 mos for his work.  I always rent
a cleaner so the smell will not be there.  Any tips on training this little
bugger would be greatly appreciated.

Also, they have gotten on the inside of the couch and torn a hole in the
bttm(fine batting cloth) of the bed too.  I, of course, will have this
removed and go to the fabric store and replace it.  Would love to do the
bed immediately!  is there any way to prevent them from digging another
hole in the batting.  I am thinking cardboard in between the batting and
them!!!!  Just want to make sure it is safe.

I dont mind cleaning up the occasional(actually a bit more than but getting
better)poop, but I also dont like ruining things that dont really belong
to me.  I know the material can be replaced but Im looking for tips to keep
it from happening again!  There mostly too big to fit down the couch in
between now so its time for preventave measures.

Also wanted to add a note.  Took all three to Petco for there vaccination
clinic and I was impressed that all of our ferrets were treated with
benadryll before the shots and were told to wait for 30 mins after the
vaccination and given further info for the vaccines.  I was quoted a price
from a local vet which would have cost me 90.00 for 1 shot and the visit.
I got 3 for the price of 45.00 and no look at my ferret fee.  I will of
course take them to a vet, but not for vaccinations!  =)

Thanks and happy Dooking!!!
Peiko, Ghengus(Kahn), And Loki(God of Mischeif),
Matt and Ron
Email:  [log in to unmask]