From:
Steve Godun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 21:02:45 -0400
For those interested...

I wandered through the Petco in Union Square in Manhattan this afternoon
(5/12 -- happy Mother's Day) and discovered a small cache of ferret toys
that are on sale.  They all appear to be customer returns, for whatever
reason.  Among the cache were several FerretTrail "Roll-About" balls.
Places like theferretstore.com sell this gizmo for $11.50, but Petco had
a few for a scant $4 apiece.  I bought one; there didn't appear to be any
damage or anything wrong with it, and my ferrets are quite happy with it.

I don't know how long they'll last, but if you'd like a cheap FerreTrail
Roll-About ball and you're in NYC (or the area), you may be able to grab
one before they're gone.  There were four balls when I walked into the
store, three when I walked out.  The Petco is on the northeast corner of
Union Square.  Good luck.