Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:52:42 -0800
 >can slip out of them if they get hung up, which does happen occasionally.
 >These collars won't strangle a hung up ferret, because they're too stiff
 >to get twisted when the ferret instinctively twists its head trying to
 >free itself. The collar just comes off.

While we're talking about collars, I'm certain that other shelters have
run across this problem too.  We've taken in numerous ferrets who have
collars cutting into their flesh.  People put them on and then never check
them.  Ferrets put weight on and take it off.  In my view a collar should
only be on when they're out of their cage.  If they're free running, they
should be checked *weekly*.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
   dba House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org