Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 16:45:49 -0600
Hi all,

I have a new ferret and I'm having some difficulty litter
training him because he has weird bathroom habits.

My other ferrets sniff the litter box before they go.  This
entices them to crawl into the litterbox to go.  Not my new
one.  He decides he has to go and then proceeds to find a
wall, and run *backwards* until he backs into something
(which is the SIDE of the litterbox) and then squirts!

How am I suppose to get him to figure out that he is
supposed to move in the forward direction to the litter
box so he can go IN it???  I always pick him up and put
him in, but he just doesn't seem to get the hint...?

He goes just fine in his cage, but he is only caged at
night, which doesn't solve my problems during the day
when he is allowed to run around the house...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.