From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:33:50 -0500
I don't know what is with the ferret community, a lot of them don't know
how to read or something. Now I understand them ragging on someone who
deserves it, but it was clear from your post that you did EVERYTHING
you could to try to get your baby vet care.

We are not all lucky enough to have a compassionate vet available to
us. We are not all lucky enough to have an emergency vet that will even
let a ferret through the door (we have one here that *sees* ferrets...
but knows exactly two ferret diseases, adrenal and insulinoma, and
cannot diagnose either, so we wait for the regular vet unless it is a
true emergency).

As far as a necropsy - a necropsy is an option that you and only YOU
have the right to make for your pet. Whether anybody else agrees with
you or not.

I'm sorry that you don't have vets that care, or a vet that will even
see ferrets after hours. I think that is just horrible. I don't think
vets that are like that should even be allowed to practice. That is
just disgusting.

Most of all, I am sorry for your loss of Simon. It is so hard when we
lose these little angels (yes they are angels, even though they get
into so much trouble).