From:
Fuzzies-r-Us <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:05:25 -0400
One Tuesday afternoon we found our little guy, Bandit, flat on the living
room floor at the start of what appeared to be an insuloma attack.  We
started the procedures to lessen the severity of the attack, but the little
guy started into convulsions.  That has to be one of the hardest thing a
ferret parent can experience, the heart wrenching feeling that there is
little you can do to stop these sharp jerking motions that are wracking
your little fuzzy.

By this time my wife is on the phone trying to find an emergency vet in our
area, that would be open and was ferret experienced, with no success.

Fortunately the seizures had lessened, and finally stopped but Bandit was
still breathing in short gasps and would emit little squeaks every once
and a while.  After a bit he finally napped off and on through most of the
night.  Early in the morning he took some of his duck soup for which he
seemed so very grateful.  Unfortunately the damage had been suffered, his
back legs would no longer support him all he could do was drag himself for
very short distances with his front feet then he had to rest, and he seemed
almost blind.  My little hero had left us, he was not my little tough guy
Bandit anymore, it was time.  Our local vet was a wonderful kind and
compassionate man.  He understood that Bandit was like one of our children.

Bandit went to sleep in my arms, with a full tummy and me holding him as
tight as I dared, he knew he was loved as fully as we could, and that he
would be missed.  He passed with dignity, he was a tough little gentleman,
and no matter how tired or ill he was he walked with a certain pride, you
could see it in his eyes.  He is missed, from where I sit, I can see in his
old cat condo where he napped and watched for the other seven ferret kids.
Now there is no handsome little face watching, there is no bandit bud
upside down looking for chin scritches.  No Bandit bud following me up the
hall for more scritches and play time.  No Bandit making paper bags dance.

I'm sorry this is so long, but I want remind you hug your fur kids, their
time with us just flies.  So many people to thank, for their advice on
insuloma, Gary H. many thanks to you Sir, your advice and tips are
priceless to us ferret parents.

David and Tonia Smith and the seven

Visit the cutest ferret kids on the Internet
at: http://bones2000.virtualave.net
See:
Sir Trouble Esq.
Princess Peewee (Princess of Begging)
Miss Fitt (the Thinker of the group)
MoePretty (The sweety of the Gang)
Alice (The Queen of Ferrets)
Misty (Daddy's little Girl)
Mis Royal Highness: Bandit, who has gone ahead of us
And
Ricky (Mr. Cuddle's)