From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 12:38:28 -0500
Meltdown's colonic (at least that's my assumption giventhe bright redness of
it) bleeding reduced to drops and small blotches by 1 a.m., and by 4 a.m.
it stopped.  Thank goodness for wonderful vets, working telephones which get
us through emergencies, Pepto Bismol, and how strong ferrets are.

She has no interest in food, but is taking some water, and some thin liquids
with Pedialte.  We've been told that's fine, and that solids might be too
much for her right now.  Her Winstrol has been removed until more is known
and she might not ever be able to have it again now.  (Still, without it she
would have been gone a month ago; she was that wasted away and giving up so
badly.)

She's tired.  (If we were that small with advanced cardiomyopathy and lost
maybe 2 and a half teaspoons of blood -- yep, I measured it as well as
collecting and refrigerating it in case it has to be tested -- we would be,
too.) Fortunately, she is not in pain, and does want to sleep in our arms or
in my shirt (where she is right now).

We'll just take it bit by bit.  She'll see Hanan on Monday; Dr. Hollo is
happy with her stabilization so far as are we.  Meanwhile, I've asked some
other very knowledgeable vets for their opinions in case anyone's just now
run into even a rumor of some new neat approach, but there's just so much
anyone can do for anybody who is dying and we're all only human.  It's just
wonderful to have so many loving people who try so hard for our sweet
fuzzies.

Sukie