From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:21:05 -0400
Years ago I had a LOT of heavy duty fancy metal screening back when we
lived someplace with baseboard heat and I made very pretty covers for
the heating elements that also kept the ferrets out of them and kept
the mice that were eating in from the apartment house crawlspace from
being able to get in.

<http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/09/make-your-own-flower-vase-diy-project.html>

The type of screening I used looked similar to this one but was fancier
and was too heavy to roll. I attached it with wires so there was no
damage to the apartment. We got it at a metal working shop, but I think
that this weight would work, too, and anyone could use the left overs
to make these vases.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/