From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 20:37:00 -0400
Jewel came to me from the Oregon Ferret Shelter almost 2 years ago.
She was considered a permanent resident because of her severe biting.
Dave Mathis was working with her and doing a great job. I stopped at
the shelter on the way to a cruise out of Seattle on a ship named the
Jewel. While on the ship I couldn't get her sweet face out of my mind
and the way she looked at me when I was walking away from her cage. I
called Chris and asked if Dave would be willing to give her to me. We
stopped and got her and 2 others (oldies, my favorites to adopt) on the
way home. The 2 sweet oldies left for the Rainbow Bridge within the
year. I worked with Jewel and after several boxes of band aides and
lots of love, she stopped biting..... until about a month ago. Cancer.
She didn't bite hard like before but I knew she wasn't feeling well.
Yesterday she stopped eating her soup. I called Chris for emotional
support and took her to the vet. She gave me one last bite when she
came out of the carrier. I didn't mind. I loved her any ways. Amid lots
of kisses and Ferretone laps she left for the Bridge. She wasn't even
5 yet. I wrapped her in a jeweled fabric and placed her in her cage so
that her cage mates Boomer and Snow could say goodbye. Her playmates
Hero and Moxie will see her today and then she will be buried near the
apple trees.

Nancy in OR who is overwhelmed with these comings and goings