From:
Shelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:21:27 -0500
Hi all,

Well, it saddens me to say that one of my three fuzzballs (Riki, my youngest
at only 2 1/2) has come down with adrenal.  I always knew I'd have to deal
with this.  I did research before ever bringing our first fert into our
home.  I knew this was more of "when" than "if"... but,here I am, feeling
depressed and helpless.  I phoned my vet...

$325 for the surgery.  1/2 down and I can make $50 payments on the balance,
but we can't even come up with the $163 to get it done.  Vet said we can
wait a couple months..... I guess I just want those of you that have been
through this to tell me about your experience with adrenal.  Riki is eating
normally and her activity level is crazy as usual... I find myself letting
her get away with more and spoiling her a bit more than usual !  Is it ok
for me to wait until the first of the year ?  Will this disease be swift or
slow moving, as I've heard ?

I am caught between two thoughts: 1.  Is it better to subject her to the
surgery when she seems herself and risk losing her on the table or have her
not be the Riki I love so much after the surgery ?  or 2.  Do I wait until
she goes down hill and it's my only choice ?

I'd appreciate if those of you that have had to deal with this could give
me your thoughts via e-mail..... There just isn't anyone else than can
understand the heartache this is causing me.

Thanks !
Shelly