From:
Joy Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:59:41 -0700
I went to the store to pick up some ferret lax today.  Any time I do, I
always check the cat hairball section too to see if they have anything
that looks good.  Today I found a product called Vetbasis Hairball Gel.
Has anyone heard of it?  I bought some here is the package info:

FRONT: Easy to use, petroleum free, vitamin enriched, no trans fatty
acids, no sugar or sodium, healthier alternative

BACK: Vetbasis Hairball Gel is easy to use.  It helps reduce the
incidents of hairballs without using petroleum-based additives.  Our
hairball gel has no sugar, sodium or trans fatty acids, making it safe
for diabetic cats and a healthier alternative for every cat.

INGREDIENTS: Canola oil, glyceryl monostearate, beeswax, cod liver oil,
taurine, cocoa butter, poultry liver hydrolysate, carnauba wax, mixed
tocopherols

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: crude protein 1% min, crude fat 96% min, linoleic
acid (omega 6 fatty acid) 14% min, arachidonic acid 7% min, crude fiber
0.1% max, moisture 1% max, vitamin a 50 IU/g min, vitamin d 4IU/g min,
vitamin e 0.35 IU/g min, Taurine 2.5% min, eicosapentaenoic acid (omega 3
fatty acids) 6% min, linolenic acid (omega 3 fatty acid) 0.4% min.

Manufactured for Pet Living, a division of Global Access, inc.,
Bloomington, MN 55431 www.pet-living.com 10888041407387

So do you guys think this is a good alternative to "regular" ferret lax?
I figured no sugar would be a good thing.  Of course I don't even know if
my guys would eat it.  I want to make sure it would work and would be
okay to give them before I let them try it.

Thanks.

Joy

Pippin, Gimli, and Sofie want you to visit them at
http://joysferrets.95mb.com/