From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:08:21 -0500
After reading the message from Dulcena regarding couch digging ferrets I had
to comment: I know some of you make think I'm crazy, but my resolution to
couch digging and carpet clawing right next to the cough was this.

Once one of my ferrets was in the couch and I couldn't get him out.  I ended
up propping up the couch and cutting a small slit in the bottom of the cloth
for him to slither through.  After that every time one of them got in the
couch I would just prop the couch up and let them slither out.

Now it has become a little game.  Every once in a while when they are
bugging me with digging around the couch, I prop the couch up for about 4
inches off the floor with a metal can and let them have a ball slithering in
and out of the couch.  I checked my couch so it is made of wood and all I
can gather there are no springs for them to get caught on.  They have grown
a little old at doing this, but every once in a while they get in the mood
for a good couch slithering.  I had my house re-carpeted a few months back
and when the carpet layers moved the couch a potato fell out.  They looked
at me like I was crazy keeping potatoes in my couch.  I knew what had
happened.  Whiskers, Mr. Potato stealer himself, had stashed some of his
potatoes there.

Maybe some of you spoil your ferts like me and will cut your ferts a little
slither of couch and prop it up a little for the little buggers to play in.

Mindy
Whiskers, Tiny, Cocoa, and Tigger (The Couch Bunch)