From:
Stanley Stachyra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:31:49 -0500
Hi all you FuzzButts lovers.  I am mostly a lurker but i met someone in a
chat room that is having trouble with her fert.  The ferret is 15 months
old.  About 7 days ago he be came lethargic, the next day he had trouble
breathing and she took him to a vet who diagnosed pneumonia and gave him
some antibiotics and she put him on duck soup which he ate pretty good.  I
forgot she said his glucose was 110.  She kept on the medication and the
fert.  didn't show any improvement so she took him back to the vet and they
took x-rays and could come up with anything.  She said her vet is stymied
as what it could be.  She did mention to me that the only thing she noticed
with the ferret was a blister on one of its toes.  I remembered seeing some
thing about spider bites a few FMLs ago.  If anybody can help her she can
be emailed at<[log in to unmask]>.  She would really appreciate any
help she can get.  Thanks for listening.