From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:15:53 -0500
While Marshall needs the retailers to conduct business as usual, the
retailers do *not* need Marshall to remain or become successful.  Besides
other sources being available--which many retailers are not aware of--I
don't know of a single retailer who absolutely *needs* to sell ferrets.

What most are aware of, retailers ESPECIALLY, is that few stores will handle
a product that brings with it a headache.  And guess what, a headache may be
forthcoming.  No longer will Marshall Ferrets be able to ignore its patrons
and remain silent to these formidable and serious questions.  No legal
pressure can be brought about against individuals who decide to question and
voice their concerns about the way a company does business.  It's a great
country.  Let's not take these rights for granted.  While Marshall may
choose to remain silent, we do not have to do the same.

*Before* we open the gates to FFZs, where Marshall has positioned itself
quite noticeably, let's make sure our own backyard is safe from the
tragedies and pitfalls of pet mills operating behind closed doors.  If not,
we may be sentencing a bulk of the future ferrets into a hell they will have
to endure each and every day.

For Kodo, and ALL the ferrets with no names.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi