From:
Jenna Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:15:16 -0700
I have heard and read that ferrets are susceptible to things like colds and
the like and can get it from their human companions.  Well, I came down
with a cold recently, and am very concerned for my ferret's well-being.  We
share a small bedroom together, and there's no getting around that.

Even if I wash my hands, I fear picking her up because I might breathe on
her accidentally or something.  As it is, I am concerned that she may fall
ill merely because we occupy the same room.  So... I haven't gotten her out
of her cage since I came down with this yesterday, but now I worry about
her lack of exercise, even though her cage is big; (falling just below my
shoulders in height.)

To an extent, I feel like a single mom trying to raise a kid.  There's no
one in my family who will take her out for me, because no one else here is
a ferret person.  (If they try to pet her and she turns to sniff them, they
yank their hands back and whine that she always tries to bite them, no
matter how many times I have told them otherwise.)

So should I continue to keep my hands off of her until my cold passes?

Until next,
Jenna Leigh

"The only limit to animation is your imagination.
 After all, how else can you see an elephant fly?"
 ->,the Unoffical Christine Cavanaugh Page!
 http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1932