From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:10:04 -0800
Hi ya'll, The ball is rolling in the direction of Las Vegas, specifically
towards the Meadows Pet Store.

Especially Ferrets Inc., 24 Karat shelter and a few other folks are now
busily organizing a protest that should include some important folks and
grab the media spotlight.  My vans logos and stuff should be done by then
and we plan on leaving late sat or early sunday for the planned rally and
protest that is supposed to start at 10:30 am monday and last to 9:pm .
We won't be going on the property but surrounding the mall with over 100
ferret and animal loving folks.

Please show your support in any way you can.  We will be taking one van as
the one that just had a new motor put in it is back in the shop already.
We have banners made up for the occasion and are already seeing some
support from the folks along the way.

Kathy in Utah has graciously dedicated sandwiches and coffee and some gas
money to us for the trip.  Bless you and your kind heart Kathy.  We just
spent over 10k getting both vans refurbished and painted with signs and
logs and all that stuff.  We used the money from from Glorias inheritance
to pay for it all.  Money is still tight, but we always manage and as this
trip wasn't in our budget until this week, we will be making attempts
to finance this venture quickly.  Any donations can be sent through our
website and yes, we do take credit cards.  If you are sorta along the way,
we will also pick up donations and provide you with your tax deductible
recpt on the spot.

We will be selling our really cool lined sleeper hammys for 14.95 and 19.95
along the way to anyone interested and also will making some great deals on
Totally Ferret.  I just bought 2600 # and and will sell at reduced prices
along our route to NV.  How this for deals, 5# for $15, 15# for $35, and
30# for $60.  Hey, that's that 10# free for a 30# bag!!  The hammys are
all colors and patterns and even haver some Christmassy ones.Call me at
303-343-6460 so I know how much to stick in the van before I go.  Whatever
is left when I get to NV will be donated to CJ at 24 KT shelter.  We need
to make money along the way, so please e-mail or call.

For more updated info on this adventure, go to our website at
www.especiallyferrets.org.

Hey MC, I am going to try and see you on the way home ok.  Call me at the
shelter anytime.

Any of you all wanna join me in the van, we have room for two more I think.
I will pick you up and take you home.

Hugs to all!
Ferretguy