From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:46:28 -0600
This works great in all types of situations (including the dreaded
keeping them from getting under the refrigerator), is cheap and actually
looks fairly attractive.

Buy what I think is called gutter guard.  It is plastic and designed
to keep debris from clogging one's gutter.  It comes in both brown and
white.  It can be trimmed to fit and if you need more than one piece,
can be matched so as to look like one continuous piece.Best of all, it
is not completely solid, but has a grating/netting type effect along the
bottom edge for ventilation.

If it is to go along a door, it can be screwed in.  For doors, I use
two pieces, one on each side.  For appliances, I use the extra strength
sticky tape, running it completely along the front of th fridge.  Each
side needs one piece of sticky tape and one cut-to-fit gutter trim.

We live in a mobile home with huge gaps under the doors and it works
like a charm.

anne in chicago