From:
Denise Autry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:21:53 -0800
Greetings all.  As I write this, I'm a little worried.  I just want some
good, positive energy for my Snoova.  (well, Daddy's Snoova, but I love
the snoova-monster too!)  He's currently at the vets, and the vet is
having a little look-see into his tummy.  Took him in on Friday, because
he's lost a lot of weight.  Turns out, he's highly anemic.  (normal value
in the 50s, and his was 8).  Snoova was sent home after a couple of blood
transfusions on a herbavoire diet.  His stools were checked today for
blood, and came back positive.  So, here's hoping that we're looking at
a bleeding ulcer of some sort, and not a tumor.  If it's a growth, it's
gotta be an agressive nasty one, as Snoo just had exploratory in
September for an enlarged spleen, and the vet didn't see anything when
she was in then.

I'd always thought that little Sleve, my first ferret and older by a
year, would be the first to cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Snoo's not gone
yet, but as I was taking him back to the vet this morning, I told him
about the Bridge and that if he needed to go, it was okay.  It's a bad
thing to be driving in the predawn light (during rush hour, no less)
with your glasses fogged up and tears running down your face.  So, within
the next half an hour I should hear the results.

If you could all be so kinda as to keep Snoova (and the husband - he's
REALLY not taking this well) in your thoughts and prayers, it would be
much appreciated!  I'll post results as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks, all.
Denise