From:
Natalie Fontane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2011 07:10:25 -0700
I believe this is true in many states. My dad died in Louisiana and had
a will and trust. With the trust, my mom was named executor and was
able to pay off his bills, but with the will even though it named my
sister and me as the only beneficiaries and no one contested that, it
took about a year for it to go through probate. Financial advisors will
recommend people have both. As far as life insurance goes, I don't
believe my mom received the check for that until about the same time
the will was finished with probate.

Natalie Fontane
www.scrivenersretreat.com