From:
MWall84314 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 21:28:43 EDT
I'm not a seasoned veteran in the political arena.  I'm not a self
proclaimed hero.  I am simply a housewife with a husband, 2 great son's and
18 fuzzies to love and care for, just like the majority of you.  I didn't
even graduate from high school [I did get my GED 3 years ago].  I have a
stroke/heart worm fuzzie [Max] that I feed every 6 hr.  with a syringe and
administer water to every 2 hr. during the day in fact, he's sleeping on my
lap as I write this.  We have 2 adrenal kids and 7 of the cutest little
blood sucking vampires disguised as ferrets.  I cook, I clean, I bark out
orders, I spend quality time with my family going to movies, walking,
talking you know the normal family things.  I do a great deal of research on
the PC late at night which includes reading the FML sometimes at 4 AM when
it arrives.  I watch All My Children.  I'm overweight.  I don't have a big
wardrobe.  I don't even own a dress.  We rent.  I smoke.  We drink gobs of
Pepsi.  We own a broken down 1988 GMC Jimmy that's on it's second motor and
the drivers door is falling off.  My husband is a truck driver and we live
pay check to pay check.  Get the picture?  Our son David was diagnosed with
Crohns Disease.  My own health isn't the greatest [have to quit smoking].
The point I am trying to make is, although people like the Dick Bossart's,
Pam Grants, Troy Lynn's, Bill Gruber's, Diane Rogers, Howard Davis and Bob
Church's as well as others whose names have eluded me who often appear
larger than life itself don't necessarily have to live in mansions or hold
degrees to effect positive changes in their fuzzies lives, they're real
people just like you and I BUT, they all have one thing in common, a passion
and an unbridled devotion to every ferret out there.  It doesn't take gobs
of money now to change the law, it does take time, determination and a good
old fashioned sense of patriotic pride to get the job done although a
network of moral supporters does help.  I had doubts.  I didn't think I
could carry the ball the full distance and that feeling continuously plagued
me for 3 long years.  Just remember your voice could be the voice that makes
a difference for every fuzzie in your state.  I'll be here to hold your hand
and you know what?  It can be our little secret.  You have my word on it.

The Florida Bill HB3115 was received in the Governors office Fri. May 8 and
has to be acted upon [passed with or without signature] by the 23.  I'll
keep you all posted.  We're closing in on a scheduled time for a state wide
celebration.

A Ferret Friend Always

Marie E. Wallace