From:
John Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:38:37 -0800
RE
>From:    MC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret sightings, sorta....

Now..as for obscure ferret references...I am currently reading a fantasy
novel by Alan Dean Foster called SPELLSINGER.  In this novel, which takes
place in an alternate reality, most animals are sentient.  The ferret is
mention a number of times..unfortunately, being portrayed as a sneak or
shady character.

Typical, just like snake, wolves, coyotes, who were the real bad guys in the
far past when NATURE was the true enemy to mankind.  But, now ferrets being
small, fill the bad guy niche when a small shady character is needed in any
story.  Such is life.

Also you must read "Mus of Kerbrige" by Paul Kidd, ISBN: 0-7869-0094-6.
Look at the Amazon web site - http://www.amazon.com.  It is excellent, and
has a sentient ferret that mind speaks to his master and to himself as well.
He too is bad, but is forced by his master (via mind control) to be so.  I
keep looking and looking for a sequel, but to no avail.  :( Maybe I'll write
to Paul Kidd and ask him personally for another story.  :)

- John Watson -