From:
Cynthia Shook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:28:55 -0700
Hi, I've been lurking on the list for a few days and thought it was time
to introduce myself.

I've got a husband, and 3 kids, a cockatiel, 5 goats, ducks, 2 dogs and 4
cats and we are all owned by 3 of the best ferrets in the world (ok, I'm
predujiced).

Bubba Weedeater came to us one morning.  apparently he had been abandoned
and knocked on our door.  He was so covered with fleas, thin, anemic I was
worried he would die.  Thank goodness for the internet because I had no
idea how to care for him.  He is now happy healthy and a cuddler.  He got
is name because I finally knew what was digging up my flower bed and he
still likes to help.

Goliath (originally Littlebit) was the last baby left at PetCo.  He was
so lonely and sad, I just had to bring him home.  He was a little bit of
nothing...well that definitely changed.  He is my biggest ferret, a cuddler
and loves to give kisses for tummy rubs.

Baby is our albino.  He is a stinker and the most mischevious.  I had heard
that albinos tend to be more active and this one definitely is.  He is also
a PetCo baby.

With all the horror stories that you hear about pet stores, I would like
to put in a good plug for one.  Our Local Petco is very conscientous about
taking care of the babies.  We all know that Marshall's ships way to early.
The store puts a quarantine (I've seen it last for 4 weeks before)on saling
the babies.  They feed them softened food or can food.  (Total Ferret mixed
with IAMS kitten food) I also know that some are so young that the clerks
will bottle feed and hand feed these babies until they can handle food on
their own.  Cages are always clean, plenty of food, fresh water, toys,
sleep bags etc.  The clerks also play and cuddle the babies so I have never
seen a nipper.

Well, I don't want to write a book.

Cindy
Bubba Weedeater, Goliath and Baby